Saturday 25 January 2014

Lazy Saturday

10:45 am
25 Jan 2014

So today's going to be a long day. The crowd I usually surround myself with have all got things to do, so the thought numbing distractions that I usually immerse myself in are all gone. It is too early in the semester to have anything to do but the stuff I have to do, I don't have anything to do it in so I can't even if I wanted to. My remaining roommates both have things to do, a friend has class, a friend has dance, three are at their homes, the others are inaccessible. You guys sure picked the right day to shut down the electricity in this part of town, the day my phone is on the verge of being lost into an empty-battery induced coma for the rest of the day.

Anyhow, it sure has been a while since I wrote something on paper with a pen and I had quite forgotten what my handwriting looks like when I'm thinking faster than I can write. Maybe I should teach myself shorthand. My t's have changed. I wonder what that says about me. So have my d's.

I really should use this time to do something productive. But it is almost like everything around me has decided to have a 'Do Nothing Day' so everything has aligned itself in the world's 'Lazy Saturday' setting. Even the wind is lazy. The trees outside my window don't even move. Not even a millimeter. Oh wait, I think I see a movement. Nope. Just a crow.

The point of this narrative is that the last thing I want right now is a Lazy Saturday. I feel somehow motivated and maybe even driven. Maybe I should try to fix my new jeans. I left a pen in my pocket and I'm consoling myself with 'At least they weren't gray like the last time' or maybe even 'At least they weren't the ridiculously expensive pair I'd set my heart on'.


Maybe I need to get a new pair of jeans. Maybe this time I'll get the ridiculously expensive ones.

2 comments:

  1. Nice... Really liked the bit about the change in handwriting... I bet most people can relate to that.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well .. a lazy saturday indeed ....

    ReplyDelete

 
;